Have you ever been blindsided by the exorbitant cost of eight ounces of “gourmet” beef jerky? If you know how to make homemade jerky, you know how obscene these prices are. And if you don’t… get ready to bloody your un-calloused hands with freshly butchered meat and this homemade jerky recipe.
I prefer wild game like moose or caribou, but this recipe will work for venison, elk, or that awesome hunk of beef you brought home from the farmer’s market. Whatever meat you do it with, you’ll find life is much richer when you know how to make jerky at home.
- 1lb boneless roast (top round or London broil)
- 2 cups cheap white wine (Franzia!)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Tamari
- 1/2 diced onion
- 4 cloves fresh pressed garlic
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt