Meatloaf is delicious, but it’s not exactly camp food. The stuff is pretty much impossible to cook in the backcountry, and it’s not much easier to pack it in.
That’s what these meatloaf muffins are for. This recipe converts the hearty, home-cooked classic for single-serving use on the trail.
Nutritional Info (per muffin):
- Calories: 144
- Total fat: 8 grams
- Total carbohydrates: 3 grams
- Total protein: 10 grams
Ingredients (makes 14 muffins):
- 1 tsp ghee butter or EPIC brand duck fat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup organic ketchup, divided
- 1 ½ pounds grass fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tsp Annie’s brand Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cage free eggs
- cooking spray, ghee butter or duck fat for greasing muffin tin
Note: I suggest using Annie’s brand as often as possible. “She” consistently uses high quality organic ingredients in all of “her” products! Not to mention, all of “her” products taste great!