Great camp food is quick, healthy, and delicious. But most of the time, our campfire dinners only meet two out of those three qualifications.
This recipe hits all three, and with ingredients that won’t break the bank.
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
● 2 cups couscous
● 3 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
● 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed*
● 1 bunch dinosaur kale, chopped
● 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
● 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 bunch chives, chopped
● ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
● 2 tbsp ghee butter or EPIC brand duck fat, divided
● dash of cayenne pepper
● sea salt, to taste
● Bring water/broth to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and let sit away from heat for 5 minutes.
● Fluff the couscous with a fork. Once all of the liquid has absorbed and add half of the kale, half of the chives, 1 tbsp ghee/duck fat, and salt to taste. Stir well to combine and set aside.