Why you need it:
- It is a functional movement that every human needs to be able to pick up kids, their toys, your clothes, and tools off the floor.
- Every outdoor adventurer/athlete needs mobility and strength through their hips and shoulders to be active and greatly reduce injury in their sport or activity.
- It combats the negative effects of sitting all day.
- As we age we lose not just mobility, but we lose the strength to get up off the floor, hence, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” – let’s fix that!
Don’t have a dumbbell or are a busy traveler?
- Use a box of laundry detergent at home.
- Use your carry-on suitcase.
- Use a rock, literally… Or anything that is slightly to moderately heavy.
If you have any questions or need help designing a functional training plan for your goals, please email me at [email protected].